Friday, December 17, 2010

Spelling Woes and Holiday Stress

One surefire way to piss me off: correct my spelling.
Sure, if it's on a website I've made or a profile or something then I'll probably thank you.  There's nothing worse than a typo or a 'brain-o' making you look like an idiot to the rest of the world.  But in a text message?  Really?  That's just not necessary.  Whenever people correct my spelling it always comes off as 'higher-than-thou' and that really really pisses me off.  In the past I've gotten really mad about this.  I'd rant to them about how I have a learning disability and spelling was never something I learned, something that never came naturally and that I struggled with it every day.  The point never seemed to get across though.  Poking fun of my inability to spell words correctly without the help of that little red squiggly line, is in my top five things I can't take a joke about.  Sorry but everyone has them.  Some people don't like being laughed about for their weight, divorced parents, acne, etc.  For me, it's my learning disability.  Seriously, call me ugly, say I have no fashion sense, call me weird... I don't care what you think...but call me dumb...that's when I get truly offended.

Sorry, rant over.  Anyways, I'm trying to de-stress this week and I'm doing better than last week.  I'm a list maker and crossing things off my lists is the most relaxing thing.  So this week I've just had smaller lists.  I know that's not very productive but until after the Holidays, doing too much is not going to do anyone any good.  I know some people want me to finish certain projects asap but you know, they are just going to have to wait cause I can't deal right now.  Having the confidence to tell people to hold their horses and wait till the new years is better for me than being submissive and catering to the wills of everyone around me.  Go me!

_____________________________________________________________

The above was written a few days ago...I need to stop holding off on posting blogs just because they look too small...haha.
Today is the office Christmas party...free food and drinks at some nearby place...not bad, not bad.  I would have taken another paid day off instead, but you can't win them all.  I still can't decide which day to take off.  I'm taking the 27th off and can only afford to take one other non-paid day off so it's a tie between the 28th and the 23rd.  I'm leaning towards the 23rd, but I just can't make up my mind...arggg.  I'll need to soon...

Days till Christmas: 7
Days till JelliclesVlog: 16
Ukulele cords I know: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...