Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Keep Calm and Pottermore

I was never super into Harry Potter growing up.  Sure I read the books the moment they came out and saw all the movies in their first week.  I even dressed up to the premieres a few times.  But I never really considered myself a part of the Harry Potter fandom.  Looking back I realize that Hanson is to blame.  The first Harry Potter book came out in 1997, the same year Mmmbop was a chart topper.  I am a Hanson fan.  Always have been, always will be.  Because of my love of the brothers, I was pretty tunnel vision with my fandoms.  Harry Potter was great and all but my heart belonged to the blond boys who knew how to play music and harmonize. (Sorry boy bands, dancing does not do it for me like a guy with a guitar, drum set, piano, etc.)  Then, about a year later, the musical Cats was on my radar.  It was the perfect fandom.  Small and therefore supportive and friendly (for the most part).  The lose plot allowed for creative fan fiction, and the beauty and originality of the costumes was the best thing to draw which I did in my endless notebooks of fan art.  I realized my two big loves were classically unliked and I probably would have been much better off donning a scarf and wand rather than a wig and tail.  It did not matter though, we like what we like and should not have to apologize for it.  That being said I did get deeper into the HP fandom as the books got better and better; the last two being my favorites.  Then I found YouTube and wizard rock in the past year.  Yes, I know I'm late to the (Yule) ball but I feel like I don't have to have been there from the beginning to be a part of it.  Ever since the hype of the final movie and Pottermore I've been a non-stop Potter-obsessed nerd.  (Much to the annoyance of everyone around me.)  I joined Pottermore and even helped a friend who is a bigger Potter fan then me but had no internet that week get in.  It's been an interesting year, but I'm as excited for the new 'thing' as the next fan.  So to aid to my new obsession, I've filled out a Pottermore survey I stole from Hayley G Hoover.  Enjoy!



  • What's your Pottermore username? SparksRain117


  • What House do you think it sounds like? It could be Gryffindor or Slytherin I think.  Sparks raining down makes me think of dueling and those two are always dueling. 


  • What House do you want to be in? Gryffindor. My friends think I should be Hufflepuff (not sure if they think it's cause I'm nice or cause they want to make me mad.)  I've been know to eat books so Ravenclaw is an option.  Yet, I'm obnoxious and bossy and insistent on being the one in charge, so really it could only be Gryffindor.  I have no idea what I'd do if the site makes me a Hufflepuff, nothing against the badger I just would never live it down with my friends.


  • Does your username relate to you at all? Out of my options, 'WolfCat' seems as it would have been a closer fit (another option I had) but I really really like SparksRain!  It's like how I chose my house against what was 'obvouse' for me.  I can't always be predictable.


  • What kind of wand would you wish to get? Lightweight with a Unicorn hair in it I think.  Something that would be good for Transfiguration, I like Transfiguration. 


  • Are you pure, half-blooded or Muggle born? Half-blood I think.  My dad would defiantly be a wizard but I'm not so sure about my mom.


  • Which day did you get into Pottermore? Day 4.


  • What shape is your Patronus? An ocelot.


  • What does your boggart look like? Coping Haley here because it's so true.  "Like Mrs. Weasley's-- the death of someone close to me."


  • Would you rather be an Animagus or a Matamorphmagus? I think I'd be an animagus.  However, that could be my old desire to be an Animorph surfacing.

  • If you were an Animagus, what animal would you be? Some sort of feline, that's for sure.  I want to say a lion but if I wanted to be unsuspecting I'd probably be a domestic cat or a feral cat.


  • Thanks for reading!  Fill out the survey in the comments if you like, it'd be fun to see your responses.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...